The Spring Lake Police Department is currently accepting applications for Class I Special Officers. Special Officer Class I is hired to assist with the beachfront, Third Avenue Business District, and various events during the summer season.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must be in good health and be able to perform the physical demands of the duties assigned
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of a police officer
Selected applicants will be sent to the Monmouth County Police Academy to take part in mandatory two-week training for the position in early May 2023.
All applications are to be dropped off at Spring Lake Police Headquarters no later than January 31, 2023.