The Spring Lake Police Department is currently accepting applications for Class I Special Officers. Special Officer Class I are hired to assist with the beach front, Third Avenue Business District and various events during the summer season.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent
- Must be able read, write and speak the English language
- Must be in good health and be able to perform the physical demands of the duties assigned
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of police officer
Selected applicants will be sent to the Monmouth County Police Academy to take part in a mandatory two week training for the position in early April – May 2021.
All applications are to be dropped off at Spring Lake Police Headquarters no later than January 31, 2021.