The Spring Lake Police Department is currently accepting applications for Class I Special Officers. Special Officer Class I are hired to assist with the beach front and Third Avenue Business District during the summer season.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A minimum of a high school diploma or a GED equivalent
- Must be able read, write and speak the English language
- Must be in good health and be able to perform the physical demands of the duties assigned
- Must be of good moral character and shall not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty that would make him/her unfit to perform the duties of police officer
Selected applicants will be sent to the Monmouth County Police Academy to take part in a mandatory two week training for the position in early May 2019.
Please click this link to download a copy of the application or stop at Spring Lake Police Headquarters (311 Washington Avenue, Spring Lake NJ 07762) to pick up an application.
All applications are to be dropped of at Spring Lake Police Headquarters no later than December 1, 2018.